Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not the evening I expected.

Last night, a bunch of us went up to see Reel Big Fish in Boston. Out of seven people, four got in.

I was one of the unlucky three.

Needless to say, I was upset. This was supposed to be my birthday present from Chris. I hardly ever get to go to concerts. I was stuck in Boston, right across from friggin' Fenway, missing a RBF concert and a Yankees game. (My family went to the Bronx yesterday to see 'em, and of course, the Yankees won.)

Last year, for my birthday, I went an hour away (or so) to see a friend whom I'd never met before in an outdoor Shakespeare performance.

It got rained out.

So instead I went to this fancy mall thing and got candy. =/

I felt so damn miserable that day. I didn't do ANYTHING that day except go out to see my friend, which got canceled without our knowing. (We got out there and then found that it was off for that night.)

That day just plain-up sucked. Thankfully, the rest of being this age hasn't been as bad as the year before.

Anyway.

So last night I couldn't help but think that this was two years in a row messed up for me.

Chris, Addie, and I, the ones who didn't get in, wandered around Boston for a short while. Chris tried scoring more tickets, but obviously failed. Addie and I just meandered, found a bathroom, and then found Chris again.

We decided we'd try to find Fire and Ice. For those of you not in the know, Fire and Ice is a really cool restaurant. They have stations set up where you get raw food and veggies, and then you get sauce. You go over to the huge... hell, I want to call it a griddle, to have your food cooked. It's all you can eat, too. At the table they give you tortillas, rice, and tortilla chips. The restaurant itself is supposed to have a funky, artistic feeling to it. I personally think they try to hard, but whatever.

After some deliberation, we wanted to go to the commons. We didn't get there. We all had to use the bathroom, but didn't know where we could. Somebody in a T station said we could try a couple of different places. We ended up in a really cool book store. I wish I'd had more money and time. So many good books! I found an updated version of Bullfinch's Mythology, and it was large. We had to leave, though.

On the ride back, when we were connecting from the green line to the red line, we met up with one of Chris' old UU friends. I hadn't seen this guy since February '06. He's really cool, and his girlfriend's pretty awesome too, so we got to ride back to the train station we parked at with them.

It was hella foggy last night, so the drive home was a little dicey. I told Chris that he was low on gas, and he said that we'd make it home.

Not on that tank of gas, we didn't. We petered out a couple of miles from our exit. A state cop, a cranky one at that, helped us along. As well as Kevin.

We got home around two a.m.

Here I am today, home alone until Chris' parents get back.

Tomorrow's my birthday.

More later,
~*The Pie

No comments: