Sunday, September 9, 2007

College life.

Howdy kids! I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have been all kinds of ridiculously busy with starting school and work.

The week before classes started, I had work training. Two days with campus services, and three days with my office, the conference office. The campus was very quiet and pleasant. The kids that were there were there because they were international, on sports teams, or there for the leadership symposium that my friend was running. Very, very quiet. That's how I generally like things.

My job in the conference office is pretty alright. Take phone calls, book rooms, make copies, and when the time comes, file things. I don't mind that too hard. My only problem is that my hearing somewhat sucks, so when people call, I occasionally have to have them repeat things, and they get irritated. I'm also forgetful. I need to write the following on a sticky for myself,

Full Name
Organization
How many people/what room
Time
Special requests
Number

I always forget one of those, and I feel like such a jerk for it. It takes away from my performance, and I can't stand it.

I work Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1-4. I sit at the front desk in the office, usually reading stuff on Something Awful. *shrug*

A week ago I went to see Jimmy Buffett with my buddy Paul and some of his friends. It was a unique experience. There were a few firsts and hopefully lasts that night, but I won't go into detail. Hopefully, someday, looking back, I'll write it off as a learning experience.

Man, Ben Folds is good music to be wistful to.

Anyway.

I'm taking five classes. Biology, English, French, Sociology, and Psychology. None of my professors have outright impressed me, but I don't hate any of them. Four out of five know what they're talking about. But the one that doesn't seem to know what she's doing makes me dread for the class. Eh, I dread for that class anyway. =/

My homework's manageable for the moment. I can't complain. A lot of reading, mostly, but it's interesting.

For the last three nights in a row, I've been smoking from the hookah, and it's been crazy. Very enjoyable. We have raspberry, cola, and spearmint flavored shishas. (Shisha is flavored tobacco, not a cannabinoid. It's completely legal, fun, and delicious.)

That's pretty much everything for now.

More later,
~*The Pie

No comments: