Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Aquabats!

They put on another friggin' amazing concert. They never fail, I swear. They're always energetic and fun.

But, even better, I wore my Bat Pie costume. (I'll uh, link it or something when I'm on the lappy.) Once I was in full costume and in the Avalon, I was getting handshakes and high fives. I was AWESOME, my friends. Hopefully, with ever person I made hand contact with, it will spread the love and caring that Bat Pie promotes. [/smarm] Truly though, I felt important and respected as someone awesome, not just myself. It was amazing.

Even more amazing was where I was during The Aquabats' set! Our group sneakity sneaked its way to the front but on the right (stage left). I stood on some stairs the whole time, but was in perfect view of the band 'cept Ricky Fitness. (Given. Drum kit in the way.) But! Best of all, I could make clear eye contact with Jimmy the Robot, and oh how I did. We made plenty of eye contact during the show. He was making happy little comments throughout the show, too. Friggin' amazing.

To top it all, though, Andie (Chris' younger sister) and I tooooootally shook hands with Jimmy! *fangasm* (Andie and I are pretty sure it was him, at least. Too small to be Crash, no mustache.) Seriously, after the show, there was some kind of exchange that I forgot, but he passed by us and shook our hands. I think he liked my costume. :D Most people did. I just wish I could've spread my word more. Ish. Brief encounters, what can I do.

I kinda wish I could send The Aquabats! an e-mail saying that Bat Pie thanks them, and to buy Chris Partida (the guy working the merch table) many, many beers for putting up with people after the show. I said to my Chris, "I love concerts, everyone's a big family!" and this guy said, "And I'm the angry stepfather." I couldn't help but laugh. This guy deserves a beer or some show of gratitude. I wish I had more time to just like, hug this guy or something.

I'm on a mission to be nicer to working folk. They appreciate it more when they deal with friendly, compliant customers.

After, five of us, myself included, went to Uno's. (My first time there.) It was good! The hostess recognized that we just went to see The Aquabats! and said she wished she could have gone. Totally unexpected! She also said that her boyfriend would be pissed that he missed it. Well, after dinner, we passed by her. She said she talked to her boyfriend, and he said he was disappointed that I wasn't wearing a purple suit under my cape. I apologized. :P

Dinner was good. Beer battered onion rings, some of Chris' crab 'n shrimp fondue, some potato, some nacho, and some "deep-dish" ice cream. (A cookie baked in a deep-dish pan topped with a scoop of ice cream. Holy crap.)

I have more stories about before getting there, but I wanna go upstairs, watch some "Futurama", play Big Brain Academy, and unwind.

All in all, tonight was an astounding night.

More later,
~*Pie

No comments: