Saturday, March 15, 2008

Slowing down.

Howdy kids. How are y'all doin'? Peachy keen.

So I'm sorry I never posted information about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Tech week tends to suck the life out of the cast and crew. It was a great show, in all. I had a magnificent time with it. It went very smoothly. I can also say I've grown closer to some people, and made new friends. I miss it already, but I'm glad to have free evenings again.

I'm off of my lexapro. I've almost been off for a week. I've noticed myself being a little bit more touchy and short-fused, but I'm not down in a fucking hole like I used to be. I'm still pretty upbeat and happy, an accomplishment if I do say so myself. My friends have really helped me gain confidence. I can't go so far as to say it's completely there, but the foundations have been laid. (It helps to have people tell you you're awesome.) I think I'll be OK for now without it. I have everything I need to be happy and healthy. (See: Chris.)

School's been OK. Nothing out of the ordinary. It's funny... I wrote an essay for my English class about my religious life (or lack thereof?), and I have to give a presentation on it next class. Since when do people like my writing? Since when do people care about my religious beliefs? Well, I talked to a friend about it. She was in the group that nominated it. She said the other papers really sucked, apparently. That mine was refreshing or somesuch. Whatever makes the people happy.

Speaking of writing! If you have any poetry, short stories, or short scripts you'd like to have published, I'm working for a literary magazine on campus. We're called "The Jack". Our current theme is "there's a light in the dark", and this is open for interpretation. We're looking for written and artistic submissions. (For art, we'd prefer black and white. We're cheap.) If you're interested in submitting, or have any questions, please e-mail 20centjack@gmail.com. We're taking submissions until March 28th.

I love vacation. It makes me happy in the pants.

More later,
~*The Pie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Rosencrantz & Guildenstern once. Fun show. :3

-Anonymous Autobanned Goon, Esq.