Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Officially.

This morning, my school's principal announced that I am officially the Valedictorian for the class of 2007, and aqua Ab is the salutatorian.

I've worked hard and I think I can finally say I'm proud of myself for this accomplishment. This is what I get for a lack of a proper social life all these years.

I would like to go to my home district and say, "Hey, what now?", but in comparison to their curriculum and whatnot, I'm nothing special. *sigh* Different standards.

My speech shall be kept under wraps for now, methinks. I have a couple of ideas that I think I'll touch on.

Today in my English class we were reading an essay by George Orwell about how over-complicated the English language has become. I can't help but agree with him. People want to sound smarter than they really are these days. I find myself in this situation from time to time too. At the same time, I would like to expand my vocabulary responsibly. I think today's lesson foreshadows what I must write. I need to keep it simple. I forget who said it, but wisdom may only be eloquent foolishness.

I have quite the day ahead of me.

Let me prep by playing pyramid solitaire.

More later,
~*The Pie

No comments: