Thursday, August 9, 2007

Do yourself a huge favor.

Try to get more than five damn hours of sleep a night.

I got to sleep just around three this morning. (After trying to go to sleep at two.) I'm up right now because Sam's grandmother told her that I'd be at breakfast this morning. (My mom and a bunch of her friends get together every once in a while and go out for a meal.) So if the cinnamon toast my mom raves about isn't the best damn food I've ever eaten, then I will be quite homicidal later today.

I say later, because when we get back home, I am SO going back to sleep. I'll be surprised if I don't fall asleep in my (or someone else's) toast.

In my last blog, I mentioned something about a new job on campus. It's at the conference center. I'm sure I'll just be scheduling peoples' appointments and calling people to have them make appointments. Whatever. It'll help bust me of my phone anxiety. It is confirmed, I believe, that I'm moving in on August 26th. I'm really excited about that. Unfortunately, I still haven't received my housing information from UMass, which is quite annoying. I think I'm going to e-mail them today, asking for an e-mail copy of my housing information. Even if they sent it out by snailmail today, it still wouldn't reach me 'til late next week. I get everything late from UMass because I'm in Connecticut. From other UMD freshman, I've heard that the housing department said they wouldn't send information out 'til next week, which gives me VERY little time to prepare. I don't think housing thought this through much. *shrug*

In other news, my mission to prepare myself for college continues. Yesterday I got a large bottle of tea tree oil castile soap. This thing could last me for two years as far as I'm concerned. I also got a hammock for storing crap. My dad has prepared a toolbox for me with some pliers 'n stuff. I got my electrical stuff too. I <3 power strips. Oh! My dad also gave me this bottle/can opener. It's awesome! It's small, too. :D

Yesterday, I drove my mom and grandfather out so I could get a pair of moccasins. My mom met a woman at a local festival who makes them. We thought I could get a pair custom made, so yesterday we just thought I was going to get my foot traced. As it would turn out, this woman had some pairs already made, and one fit me perfectly. They're also a dark brown, too. They're buffalo hide. Her work is pretty awesome, and of course, yay for the "little guy", so to speak. Check her website out here.

I'm still preparing, and have a lot to do, but I'm so ready for it. Right now, the biggest thing, I think, is going to be the couple of days I use for packing. I've never moved before, so I won't quite know how to do it, but I've been working on a checklist (almost inventory!) of my clothing that I'll be bringing. I gotta do socks and the like next, but that's harder to do. I have a lot. I still have hand-washables to go through, and I'm just forgetful, but I'd have to say it's looking good.

Going to breakfast now.

More later,
~*Pie

No comments: