Saturday, August 11, 2007

The internet thinks I'm ugly.

:smith:

At least it was posted on 4/20. ;)

This isn't the first time members of Something Awful have seen me as ugly. They tried photoshopping me. In all of their attempts, they basically butchered my face. What does that say about messing with (near) perfection? ;) (I'll get a link for you if I can.)

Goons see one or two pictures that are flawed, and automatically think you're ugly. They jump to conclusions almost as quickly as they'd pounce on a sale of Mountain Dew, Funyuns, and Cheetos. What the don't see is stuff like this.



These people that run it don't even post pictures of themselves, as far as I know, which I find to be completely unfair. What right do they have to make fun of someone (who probably doesn't even look bad, look at the other entries) when they don't even show what they look like? Goons are notoriously fat, neckbearded, and zitty. Clearly, I go against that standard. So why point me out?

Individual goons are really cool people, I've found. But collectively, goons are assholes.

I guess this is what I get for putting pictures of myself on the internet. But y'know why I do? Because I'm no longer afraid of how I look. Something else that the mass majority of goons doesn't know is that I suffer from depression, and it's taken me a LONG time to accept the way I look. (I'm not about to change it.) I can at least say that I'm comfortable with how I look.

It's just pathetic that people judge so easily these days. Goons talk to me, and find my online company enjoyable. *shrug* To me, and I wish this is how it was for more people, appearance means very little. What truly matters is personality. (I'm not trying to hide behind this.) Because it's been my experience that the best looking people tend to be assholes. Not always, but tend to be. So why bother with them?

I could go on and on. I want to make a thread to set the record straight, but then it'd look like me fishing for compliments, which isn't the case at all! I still don't know how to take a damn compliment! I want to put this post out there on a more grand scale, but unless it happens through word of mouth, it won't.

Know a person for something more than their face.

OK! Now that I'm done being angry (thanks lexapro!) I have a spot of good news! I got my housing information today! Finally! :D As it stands, I'm in Roberts 204B-2. I still don't have my roommate information, but that'll be coming along soon. I just need to call in on Monday and confirm that that's my room, and that I'll be moving in on August 26th.

Ha ha, I also finish out therapy next Friday. :) Looking forward to that.

Alright, I'm good for now. I'll update as my worthless news comes.

More later,
~*Pie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not notoriously fat neckbearded and zitty! YOU'RE notoriously fat neckbearded and zitty!

Anonymous said...

I'd hit that. I'd say you are pretty damned good compared to the average goonette.

deathslushie said...

Folks, folks, folks.

Enough.

I'm not fishing for compliments.