Monday, March 12, 2007

Parade

I had a pretty busy weekend. Sorry I wasn't able to update.

For starters, my mom called my doc and my doc said to take pepcid ac for a week. If it doesn't do anything, come in. It's not too bad today, actually. I mean, I was just eating, but it hasn't been as strong.

Saturday I slept over at Aqua Ab's. We listened to "Thing-Fish" (my favorite musical except for "The Rocky Horror Show", but T-F is by Frank Zappa) and went on her computer.

Yesterday, I went to the New Haven St. Patty's Day parade. Now, normally my sense of direction and knowledge of New Haven are decent, but my mom got us pretty lost for a good chunk of time. Oh well. We found where we normally park and we sat near the usual place. It was a good parade! Nice 'n long. There were Storm Troopers and pirates. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

During the parade, a hot dog vendor wheeled by. My mom had been waiting for this for years. She loves her St. Patty's Day hot dog. Anyway, she got hot dogs for me, my grandfather, and herself. So yummy!

After the parade, however, my grandfather was still hungry, so he suggested that we go to The Glenwood, in Hamden. It's a burger joint, with an ice cream place next door. I got a hot dog with American cheese and onion rings for lunch. For dessert, and I kid you not, I had cake batter ice cream. It was so yummy! I'd never had it before! It was a pleasant surprise. I was looking over all the flavors of ice cream that they had, and I had at first settled on mud pie. Then I saw cake batter and went for it. They also have "good stuff" and blueberry cheesecake ice cream. Yum!

Ha ha, the school's computers aren't adjusted to the time. The clock says 11:27. It's 12:29 by my cell phone. Oh man, in like, fifteen minutes I'm outta here to go to accounting, then stats, then my day is over!

Here's the deal. I'm a senior. The freshman and sophomores are doing pre-CAPT and CAPT. (Last week and this week.) Juniors either have to make up the ones they didn't pass, or they have to do college workshops. (My class didn't have to! ^^b) Well, seniors can't take the CAPT. I passed it with fours and fives anyway. So they told us not to come in 'til 10:30. That's just what I did today. I went to sleep at one a.m., woke up at 8:45, and left a little after 10 for school. So amazing.

Last week, when regular classes resumed, I had classes one through four. (English, French, study hall, and chemistry.) This week, I have classes six through eight. (Creative writing, publishing, accounting, and stats.) This week is better, methinks.

Tonight I'm having Abby sleep over, and we're probably going to IHOP tomorrow morning. YEEHAW!

OH MAN! My principal was on the radio this morning, on 99.1 WPLR! She was on because of the whole "abolish the N-word" program she had going. I was in the bathroom this morning, just getting ready for school, and then I hear them mention my school, and that they were going to talk to the principal.

Ooh! Here's a link, if you're curious. http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18067599&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=590581&rfi=6

Note that they do NOT talk to any seniors. They don't care about us, so long as we get our thesis papers in. *shrug* So long as we make the school look good, they don't give a damn. *sigh* Shafted.

OH MAN! I gotta get goin'. I might post more after school?

More later, maybe, ha ha,
~*The Pie

No comments: