Thursday, March 29, 2007

A whiff of Pre-K?

I apologize for not having updated for a while. I've been so busy/tired. My senior seminar is nearing its end. I mean, the paper is totally done, and most likely graded. I need to talk to my English teacher about what I got for a grade, 'cause I'm probably not gonna get to see it before it's handed in. So anyway, just working on my art project, now. I've finished going through my RvB journals, and now I'm working on the blog. I want to cheat so badly and just put in a few encouraging, happy things, but like I said, that'd be cheating. So forget it.

To the title! My teacher for this period is out today. She's wicked sick. So at first we were just downstairs in the cafeteria 'cause there wasn't a sub, but one of the aides volunteered. Going up the stairs, I was behind a few girls, and one of 'em must have been wearing the same perfume that my Pre-K teacher Mrs. Degnon (sp?) wore. It also kinda reminded me of the room we were in, and the paste.

I don't remember liking Pre-K too much. I didn't like working with that thick paste, or in later years the really runny type. We had to use our fingers. =/ I remember I hardly ever finished my projects in art class. I finished one, though, and it's still hanging in my room.

I should remember elementary school a different way, but I've become so biased. Playing with Brian (one of my first best friends) at recess was the best. Aww, he and I had so much fun when we were younger. Riding around my neighborhood, or playing in my back yard or at his house... it was fun. *sigh* I miss it.

I think most of us miss our childhood. I mean, what's not great about sitting at a coffee table all day just drawing, with the TV on in the background? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a bite taken out of the corner by my mom. (I used to pour the rest of my milk down the drain 'cause I didn't like it. I also used to put my crumbs in my milk.)

It's sad. I'm only a senior in high school, but I really don't remember much about elementary school, now that I think about it. I mean, I could name all of my teachers, but single events?

I threw up in class in second grade. I was supposed to give a book report that day. I just remember my head on my text book, and I was breathing really heavy. Then I just vomited. There was vomit all over my marker case, but my purple marker got saved. (Purple was my favorite color back in the day.)

In fourth grade, when we were studying the rain forest, we had to study an animal and make a paper maché model of it. I had to do a howler monkey. When the project was done, we put it in our wood stove.

In kindergarten this bully kid was gonna tell on me for farting. I don't think I farted, but he was gonna tell on me. Friggin' jerk.

Well, I'm gonna try to do some sudoku. It's just kinda interesting to go back and remember stuff. Sadly, that's some of the only stuff I remember.

My Yid hears back from a bunch of colleges today. Good luck to him.

More later,
~*The Pie

P.S.: I got my prom dress yesterday. I can't reveal any details about it. Chris would find out, and that can't happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i only remember maybe a handful of things that happened in elementary school. like the time i... uh.... damn i guess i don't remember anything.

my only memory of kindergarten is during a lesson where we were supposed to put together a book of the alphabet and i just stared off in the distance and when the lesson was over, the teacher wrote a big fat "F" on my paper. i was a failure at the tender age of 5. yay for me! hehe