Saturday, March 3, 2007

Windy!

Yeehaw was it windy out today!

A little after one my friend Sammy called me up. She was bored as sin, as usual, and wanted to see if we could do something together. She said she wanted to go out to eat. This was fine, since now she's 18 my mum will let me ride in a car with her driving. So we went to Friendly's (a WAY family-oriented, Americana themed chain restaurant for those who don't know), but it was too crowded there, so we went to a Dairy Queen Grill 'n Chill the next town over. To get ahead a little bit, when we left, it was windy as HELL outside. When I first stepped outside, I screamed, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Probably not too funny 'cause of the thing in Alabama. Sorry folks.

Well, while we were in there, I ordered a crispy chicken salad. (Fat central. Fried chicken pieces, real bacon bits, and cheddar cheese. It had like, ieceburg lettuce, which doesn't really do much in the nutrient department.) To add to it, I asked for ranch dressing to go with it. When I received my salad, I opened up the ranch container. To my surprise and disgust, the top of the dressing was about 3/4 of an inch of oil, and the rest was some white "solid" that was supposed to be the dressing. Well, I couldn't shake it. I tried stirring it with a fry, but it wouldn't mix right. It was GROSS! I've had ranch dressing from DQ before, and it was fine. Well, I don't know if I'm ever going to again. I just asked for some honey dijon.

For dessert, I got a mint mocha moolatte. (Ha ha. Moolatte: mulato. Bad marketing job, DQ.)

Talking and spending time with Sam is awesome. She goes to the high school on our side of town. I couldn't stand to go there, really. If I did, I'd probably be dead by now. When I took my SATs in June '06, I saw a lot of people from middle school. Well, it's like this local high school is a vacuum. It's sealed off and preserved these kids perfectly. Well, it doesn't go for everyone, but still. A lot of kids were pretty much exactly the same as they were in middle school, which repulses me. I got teased a lot back then, so I really didn't want more of that for "the best four years of my life" that is high school. Sam and I don't see each other a LOT, though we have been seeing each other more than usual within about the last year. I'm happy. :)

Before, I went to check on my dog and see if she was OK. She smacked her head against some furniture. Well, as I was leaving my room, my brother was leaving his. As I walked by, he shoved me a little. Playfully. I said, "I love you." He said, "Love you too." Trust me, big step up from how we used to be. I'm cooler with my brother nowadays.

OH MAN! (Do recognize that I say that in person when I'm excited.) There was a girl fight outside after school yesterday. I'm guessing it was between freshman. Well, there was some "spittin'" back and forth, then finally it got physical. One of the security guards was standing right near me, but he didn't do something 'til someone actually told him. This guy should be looking out for that kind of crap, right? Whatever, he's still cool. There was punching, hair pulling, and I think they both fell to the ground. It makes me happy because they're so stupid and immature. That, and there's the human desire for blood. Whatever, the girl that I saw involved was stupid and bitchy anyway, in my opinion. I hope the two get suspended and learn some kind of lesson.

As you may or may not recall, in my last blog I was talking about a statistical argument I was having with my Yid. Well, he e-mailed me after reading, and said, "A glance at your blog happened to recite an anecdote which happened to show my apparent fallibility in reference to a statistical memory lapse. I should point to part two of Stephen Jay Gould's The Mismeasure of Man as my source. His opinion of the study (which was not his) was not quite different from yours, as he too was a statistical genius ready to refute anything. I need to find the book, and the exact quote will follow. It's lost. I haven't seen in for 7 months. A recantation will soon follow, I hope..." I post this to restore his credibility. The lesson is, though, don't enter into an argument without being able to back yourself up.

OK... I don't think I have anything else to post. I wanna lay down 'cause my tummy hurts, but I'm not tired. Damnit.

Yay for a lazy weekend.

More later,
~*The Pie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dry-heaved when i read your description of the old ranch dressing. thanks for that. hehe